Leadership teams become more effective as members develop their ability to engage tough issues and forge strong working relationships. The team can be a powerful context for this work.
Leadership teams must master a set of challenges if they are to be successful, including:
- Thinking rigorously about complex issues
- Taking advantage of diverse perspectives and talents
- Managing conflict and disagreement
- Handling emotions intelligently
- Committing to a course of action and following through
- Learning from experience
We help leadership teams develop the capabilities to meet these challenges. This requires that the team becomes a context that supports the development of each of its members. The power of this approach is that colleagues can help each other become their best selves while working on critical business tasks.